For years I’ve been making pasta salad from a box and just adding in additional vegetables and other toppings. I decided to finally try my hand at making a pasta salad from scratch, and I love how this turned out! It was easy to throw together with whatever vegetables I had on hand.
Feel free to add in more vegetables or substitute for ones you prefer more. This salad is really versatile and can be adapted for larger or smaller groups.
Summertime pasta salad
Servings: about 8-10
- 13.25 oz. box whole grain rotini pasta
- 1-2 roma tomatoes, chopped or 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 medium cucumber, sliced and halved
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 c. mini Pepperoni pieces
- 3-4 oz. cheddar cheese cubes
- 12 oz. Italian dressing
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, chop vegetables. Place them all in a large bowl with pepperoni and cheddar cheese. Stir together.
- Once pasta is cooked, rinse with cold water and let cool.
- Add pasta to bowl with vegetables. Stir together. Drizzle with Italian dressing to taste.
- Chill in fridge for an hour or two before serving. Keep leftovers in the fridge.
If you like this recipe, you’ll also enjoy: