(This is NOT a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own.)
When we found out we were moving from Kansas to Ohio two years ago, I of course immediately looked up all my favorite stores in proximity to our new home. Target? Check. Old Navy? Check. Craft stores? Check.
When it came to restaurants, most of the key players were there. But we were disappointed to find out there was not a Papa Murphy’s nearby! Like my Aldi conversion story, I didn’t always love Papa Murphy’s. It was something my husband had to convince me to give a second chance. But once I did, I loved it!
We had some good friends and neighbors in Kansas who always ordered from Papa Murphy’s and often invited us over to share some pizza. We soon became big fans and discovered how many amazing varieties they had to offer.
One of my favorite seasonal specials from Papa Murphy’s is the Thai Chicken Pizza. We used to buy a couple and keep one in the freezer.
I was so excited when I found this Papa Murphy’s copycat Thai Chicken Pizza recipe from Tammy’s Recipes on Pinterest. It tastes just like Papa Murphy’s! I’ve made a few changes and I use a half whole wheat/half white flour pizza crust, though you can use a thin-crust recipe if you prefer. We’ve been using this pizza dough recipe since we got married eight years ago and all our family and friends love it!
See all that gooey cheese and delicious sweet Thai chili sauce? Yum!
Thai Chicken Pizza
Ingredients for Pizza Dough
Makes 2 lbs. (about two 12-inch pizzas)
- 1-1/2 cups warm water
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 Tablespoon honey
Directions for Pizza Dough
- Add all ingredients to bread machine in the order given. Mix on the “dough only” setting (mine takes 80 minutes).
- Once dough is ready, remove from bread machine and turn out on floured surface. Divide into two equal pieces. Roll out your pizza dough into a large 12-inch circle. Transfer to greased pizza pan.
- If you’re not making two pizzas today, you can freeze one half of the dough. Place in a greased freezer bag. When you are ready to use the frozen dough, simply thaw in the refrigerator the night before, and then thaw on the counter for a few hours with the bag top open to bring it to room temperature. Then roll it out as usual.
Ingredients for Thai Chicken Pizza
Makes one 12-inch pizza (8 slices)
- Olive oil, for greasing
- 1/2 recipe pizza dough (above)
- 3/4 cup sweet Thai chili sauce (located in the Asian food aisle)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1-2 green onions, diced
- 6-8 oz. cooked chicken (grilled and sliced into 1-inch pieces)
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
Directions for Thai Chicken Pizza
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease pizza pan with olive oil and place dough on top. Roll edges in to form the crust.
- Spread sweet Thai chili sauce onto pizza, all the way to the edges. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Top with zucchini, red onion, green onion and chicken. Add on Colby jack cheese. Drizzle with more sweet Thai chili sauce and sprinkle red pepper flakes if desired.
- Bake on center oven rack for about 12-15 minutes, until cheese is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, slice and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy: