Hi guys! I’ve been a little MIA lately because I had a baby a few weeks ago! Our little Logan decided to surprise us by coming eight days early. Everything went well and we’re enjoying his cute little face. In the meantime, you can enjoy some delicious snickerdoodle cupcakes from my friend Becky. I can’t wait to try this recipe!
Hi readers of Pistachio Road! I am so excited to guest post today. Natalie and I have been friends for years. I am so happy for her having her new baby boy. I just had my baby girl in March and love the sweetness a newborn brings into your life. My name is Becky and I blog at Love to be in the Kitchen. On my blog I share quick, easy and delicious recipes. Some of my recent popular posts are my Graham Crackers and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Stuffed Oreos.
Although it’s not quite officially fall yet I am pretending it is by baking with fall ingredients! My absolute favorite thing about the fall is the smells. Cinnamon is one of my favorite smells and these cupcakes are all about cinnamon! I’m always coming up with fun recipe ideas in my head. I came up with these Snickerdoodle Cupcakes and they turned out even better than I imagined! It’s so pretty and most importantly it is beyond delicious!
Don’t hate me if you are anti-cake mixes but I did use a cake mix for this recipe. My husband bought a bunch on sale plus it was my favorite brand so I might as well use it. This recipe is so easy. I just mixed up a yellow cake mix according to directions and added a teaspoon of cinnamon. Once it was baked and cooled I made my favorite vanilla buttercream frosting. It’s to-die-for! Piped it on then sprinkled it with a cinnamon sugar mixture. It was heavenly and so gorgeous! I’m pretty proud of these cupcakes!
The taste is outstanding! The cupcakes are moist and delicious along with the perfect amount of cinnamon giving it a fall taste. Then the buttercream frosting is so smooth and creamy and the taste is pure bliss! To top that all off you get the taste and slight crunch from the cinnamon-sugar topping. It’s perfect!
- Yellow Cake Mix, plus ingredients needed as listed on box
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp. milk
- Cinnamon Sugar Sprinkle
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Prepare cupcakes as directed on back of box mixing in cinnamon along with the listed ingredients on box. Bake according to directions on box. Let cool.
- Beat the butter at medium-high speed until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Add in the vanilla extract and pinch of salt. Beat mixture at medium-high speed to combine, about 15 seconds.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until incorporated. Add 2-3 Tbsp. of milk. Beat for another minute.
- Pipe on frosting with desired tip. (I used a French tip) Sprinkle with desired amount of cinnamon/sugar mixture. (I frosted 4 at a time then sprinkled it on.)
You might also like:
Keep up with my latest and greatest by following along with me here: